- This article is about the actual device. For the phrase that can refer to this device, see Q.E.D.
Appearance and composition
Each ring contains an enormous amount of microcircuitry. ("The Garden of Forking Paths")
After NSA digitally-enhances the Detroit video, Janis Hawk and Stanford Wedeck spot a ring on the right hand of Suspect Zero, the only person then known to have been conscious during the first Global Blackout. ("Playing Cards with Coyote")
Neil Parofsky gave a briefcase to two three-star tattoo men. One of those tattoo men passes the briefcase along to Flosso, who opens the briefcase to reveal six alpha rings inside. Flosso then remarks that there should be seven rings and kills the man who gave him the case. ("Playing Cards with Coyote")
With the help of a clue Frost gave Mark Benford before Frost died, Mark found one of the rings inside the white queen that was posted to the Mosaic Investigation wall. Janis was ordered to retrieve it from the evidence locker by Carline. ("Goodbye Yellow Brick Road")
After seeking aid from Janis, on April 29, 2010, Simon snuck into NLAP with the help of Demetri Noh. Simon gave Demetri the alpha ring as a show of good faith. As the second Global Blackout neared, Demetri, wanting to experience a flashforward because he did not during the first Global Blackout, returned the alpha ring to Simon. ("Future Shock")
First Global Blackout
The known wearers of alpha rings during the first Global Blackout are:
- Simon Campos (also known as Suspect Zero) was instructed to wear one at the beginning of the Blackout in Detroit ("Playing Cards with Coyote")
- Dyson Frost (also known as D. Gibbons), who told Simon to wear the ring ("Revelation Zero, Part 2")
- Flosso (also known as Uncle Teddy), who was waiting for Simon in the tunnel ("Revelation Zero, Part 2")
- Victor, who transported Simon and who was also in the tunnel ("Revelation Zero, Part 2")
Second Global Blackout
The known wearers of an alpha ring during the second Global Blackout are:
- Theories for these unanswered questions should go on this article's theory page.